MBBS in UK
Medicine is one of the most popular subjects for international students looking to study in the UK. The application process can seem long and complicated, so Career Voyage can help you get admission in top universities to study MBBS in UK.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MBBS IN UK
We have two universities in UK where we don’t require UKCAT score to secure admission in MBBS program directly without any foundation or additional degree. Course duration will be 5 years followed by two years of internship training i.e. F1 & F2 training. Successful completion of training will enable you to get GMC registration to practice as a General Physician in UK . We have very limited seats for these two universities.
Universities are Public Universities so one can be sure about the acceptability and quality of education.
UK CLINICAL APTITUDE TEST
The UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) is part of the selection process of some UK medical and dental schools. It is an online test designed to test cognitive abilities, attitudes, critical thinking, and logical reasoning. There are four reasoning tests and a situational judgement test.
Universities are Public Universities so one can be sure about the acceptability and quality of education.
- Verbal Reasoning. Assesses ability to think logically about written information and arrive at a reasoned conclusion: 21 minutes, with 11 passages to read and 44 questions.
- Quantitative reasoning. Assesses ability to solve numerical problems: 24 minutes, 9 tables, charts, graphs etc. as information and 36 questions.
- Abstract reasoning. Assesses ability to infer relationships from information by convergent and divergent thinking: 13 minutes and 55 questions.
- Decision Analysis. Assesses ability to deal with various forms of information to infer relationships, make informed judgements, and decide on an appropriate response: 32 minutes, 1 scenario full of information and 28 questions (basic calculator provided)
- Situational Judgement. Measures your responses in situations, and your grasp of medical ethics: 27 minutes and 67 questions on 20 scenarios.
The test is taken at your local test centre, with each subtest in a multiple choice format. Past papers are not available but there are specimen questions on the UKCAT website. UKCAT must be taken by applicants at the following universities:
- University of Aberdeen
- Cardiff University
- University of Dundee
- Durham University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- Keele University
- King’s College London
- University of Leicester
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of St Andrews
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Warwick
- University of Central Lancashire UCLAN
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Admission is closed for 2017 Intake. We are now guiding for admission in 2018.
MBBS in USA
MBBS in USA is a dream of many students. Career Voyage, a leading Study MBBS Abroad consultant has partnered with various top ranked universities in USA/ Caribbean offering medical studies to foreign students.
Caribbean medical schools are good and affordable options for Indian students. Medical schools having ECFMG and ACGME recognition are offering clinical rotations in USA for best medical practice and knowledge in the world. Caribbean medical schools have 89% usmle 3 success ratio.
USA is amongst the countries eligible for exemption from MCI screening to practice in India.
Career Voyage has partnered with following Universities for MBBS in USA
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF CARIBBEAN (RANKED NO 1)
ROSS UNIVERSITY (RANKED NO 2)
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY ST. LUCIA(RANKED NO 9)
BELIZE MEDICAL COLLEGE – CAHSU
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ANTIGUA (RANKED NO 5)
TEXILA AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
ST MARTINIS UNIVERSITY
Caribbean Medical School Rankings
KEY REASONS TO STUDY MEDICINE IN CENTRAL AMERICA / THE CARIBBEAN:
- Central American / Caribbean medical schools strictly follow the US Education system and curriculum and hence are focused towards preparing Physician workforce for countries like USA, Canada, etc
- Colleges have tie ups in India offering first 6 month of foundation program in Indian Medical Colleges. It will help students to be friend with other class mates and understand the course structure in India.
- In most Universities, students write the NBME – National Board of Medical Examiners’ examination, USA’s board examinations on completion of Basic Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences. (In other countries, the exams are all internal or conducted by the local governments’ examination authority)
- NBME is the body that conducts the board examinations for Medical students studying in the US Universities.
- NBME is the body that conducts the USMLE examinations as well. Hence, most of these Medical universities follow 100% the same curriculum followed in USA / Canada.
- Particularly, Pathology, Internal, Family and community Medicine modules are the same as in USA (In other countries its different)
- High standards of living; Safe, secure and peaceful environment.
- Shorter course durations: 4 – 5.5 Years for Indian High School passed outs
- MCAT Scores not required
- Premedical qualification is not mandatory in few universities for Indian students with strong academic background
- IELTS / TOEFL scores are not mandatory in most universities
- Dedicated USMLE training / preparations during the course of study
- Chance to do 2 Years of Clinical rotations program in teaching hospitals in USA / UK(In other countries, it can be maximum of 12weeks CLERKSHIP)
- Chance to do Clinical rotations in Government hospitals in the Caribbean region as well.
- 100% free recognized post graduate training in USA / other developed countries on successful completion of USMLE or other respective licensing examinations with good score
- Stipend paid during Post Graduate Education
- Climatic conditions similar to India (temperatures ranging from 20⁰C to 32⁰C); good medical facilities also are available in the region that is a booming Medical tourism destination too.
- 1000s of Indians are settled in the region hence offering comfort and tranquility for the students. By some estimates, over 2.5 million people in the Caribbean are of Indian origin.
- Few universities here are run by Indian managements with good number of Indian students.
- Practical and Perfectly planned education curriculum and pattern that results in high success rates in licensing examinations(Like USMLE, MCI, PLAB, AMC etc)
- Up to 5-10 times lesser cost than studying Study MBBS Abroad, or other major countries
- Three intakes a year: January, April and September
- High Visa success rate and lower documentation requirements
- Shortage of Doctors in USA, enhances chances of Residency in USA
In general terms, these universities are similar to IIT and other entrance exam Olympiad schools operating in few parts of India. Apart from imparting medical education, the universities focus completely on the licensing examination[USMLE (USA), MCCQE (Canada), PLAB (UK), AMC (Aus / NZ), etc.] and prepare the aspiring students to be successful in the same.
Hence the programs are career oriented, yet cost effective / value for money.
The Medical Universities we suggest are all recognized and approved by global bodies like
- MCI – Medical Council of India
- Governments of the countries they are located in
- ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
- ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education – Teaching hospitals in USA
- MCC – Medical Council of Canada
- WHO – World Health Organization’s Avicenna Directories
MBBS in USA are structured such that once the students clear Step 1 of USMLE after finishing Basic Medical Sciences in Yr 2 (in some cases Yr 3) they could continue their 3rd and 4th year – Clinical studies (in few cases 4th and 5th years) in affiliated MBBS in USA (Optional). Students can do the clinical rotation in UK even without clearing PLAB/USMLE.
After finishing USMLE Step 1&2 with a decent score (Either in USA / UK or Central America), Students get a Temporary / Provisional License to pursue the Residency program in USA / Canada.
“Residency” is an option for students to pursue Post Graduate training / Specialization in a teaching hospital in USA / Canada / UK, etc, on work based study mode. The PG program is 100% free of tuition fee. A very good stipend is paid during the program.
Minimum Stipend ranges from US $ 3,500 and may be up to US $ 12,000 / Month. Students generally earn back what they have spent on their UG education within a span of 1 – 1.5 years. They also have very good chances of settling down in the countries from which the finish Residency.
Further, Students who complete Residency program in USA / Canada / UK / Australia / New Zealand have additional benefits back in India too. They NEED NOT WRITE MCI SCREENING TEST IF THEY ARE COMING BACK TO INDIA TO CONTINUE THEIR PRACTICE.
5 Easy Steps
- Consult Career Voyage. Know about the eligibility criteria and requirements, entrance examinations, universities, costs, visa success rates, future career prospects, etc
- Apply for the university of your choice with academic documents, statement of purpose, reference letter, etc
- On successful admission and payment of a part of tuition fee, prepare the Visa documents and apply for Visa and make travel arrangements
- On Visa approval, fly to Central America / Caribbean. Enroll with the University.
- Study Pre Medical course (1 – 1.5 Yr if required).
- Study Basic Medical Sciences – 5 Terms (2 Years).
- Write NBME Board Exams and USMLE Step 1 (USMLE is optional)
- Study Clinical Sciences in USA / Canada / UK (PLAB/USMLE not required) / the Caribbean teaching hospitals (2 Years, actually 72 weeks)
- Write USMLE Step 2 CK and CS (Optional)
- Write NMBE Clinical board exams
- Graduate – Earn a Doctor of Medicine – MD degree equivalent to MBBS in India
- Apply for Residency program in USA through NRMP after successful USMLE Step 1, Step 2 – CK and CS scores
- Pursue Residency in USA / Canada / other countries. Study PG free of Cost, earn stipend of USD 3,500 – 8,000 /month. Earn Specialization / super specialty in desired field of medicine. Clear USMLE Step 3 and BECOME A FULLY LICENCED PHYSICIAN IN USA / Canada / other countries! FMGE (MCI Screening) not required after UG/PG/Licensing in USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand!
Expenses involved in studying medicine in the Caribbean may vary from university to university. On an average, the cost may vary from INR 30-60 Lakhs overall, inclusive of food accommodation, academic and miscellaneous expenses, travel, etc. In very few universities the cost may go too high.
However, the cost involved in pursuing a similar Study MBBS Abroad, is very high. The students, on clearing USMLE / other licensing examinations get an entry into the residency program, which is lucrative enough for the student to retrieve the cost completely in Maximum 1 – 2 Years.
Scholarships are available to aspiring students based on academic performance and merit, passion towards studying medicine, need, etc. Career Voyage team would support all eligible students in the process of applying for scholarships.
Medical universities in the Caribbean have 3 intakes every year – January, May and September.
Students should apply at least 2 months prior to the course start date for successful admissions. The documents required for application are:
- 10th std mark sheets and pass certificate
- 12th std mark sheets and pass certificate
- UG Mark Sheets and Certificate (If any)
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Reference letters
The documents required may vary time to time. Kindly contact Career Voyage for updated information and assistance on your application and subsequent process.
PRACTICE MEDICINE IN CARIBBEAN/SOUTH AMERICA/USA
We have a range of CAAM-HP recognised universities. CAAM-HP recognition enables you to start practising in the Caribbean/South America as a general physician immediately after completion of your MBBS. Minimum salary of doctor in this region is $2000-$2500/month.
Visa Information For MBBS in USA/Caribbean
Caribbean or Central American countries normally provide easy visa access to students planning to study medicine.
Most countries initially offer 1 Year visa for the students, which can be renewed on arrival / yearly basis.
The following documents are required for the Visa application and renewal:
- Academic documents (10th, 12th, etc)
- Medical Certificate
- Admission and acceptance letters, etc
MBBS IN MAURITIUS, STUDY MEDICINE IN MAURITIUS, MBBS ABROAD MAURITIUS, ADMISSION IN MAURITIUS
MBBS in Mauritius is very popular among Indian students. Mauritius is an emerging destination for quality Medical Studies (MBBS) in Indian Ocean. Mauritius is a second home for India students because the culture, language, food and lifestyle is almost like India. One doesn’t feel away from home in Mauritius.
MBBS COLLEGES IN MAURITIUS
SSR MEDICAL COLLEGE
Package @ INR 53 Lac
ANNA MEDICAL COLLEGE AND RESEARCH CENTRE, MAURITIUS
Package @ INR 42 Lac
*Package includes full tuition fees, hostel and food.
*College has introduced many payment options for Indian students making the course more affordable.
Why study MBBS in Mauritius
- Medical Council of India (MCI) guided syllabus
- Infrastructure accredited by TEC, UTM
- Established teaching hospital, clinical training at FLACQ, a distinctive hospital of Government of Mauritius
- Indian faculty with decades of teaching experience
- Small batches to enable better teaching and learning
- Hindi and English Speaking region
- Indian culture and pollution free climate
- No Donation. Year wise payment of tuition fee and hostel expenses
- Very high quality of medical education
- Very Economical in comparison to India
Medicine studies MBBS in Mauritius is listed with by following international agencies:
- W.H.O: World Health Organization
- FAIMER: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- SAQA: South African Qualification Authority
- M.C.I: Medical Council INDIA
- T.E.C: Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- IMED: International Medical Education Directory
- ECFMG: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- GAME: Global Alliance for Medical Education
- USMLE: United States Medical Licensing Examination
- LMCC: Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada
The duration of the MBBS course is 5years divided into 10 semesters of 6 months.
MBBS: 5 Years + Internship : 10 Semesters of 6 months each.
Phase I (I to III Semesters)
Phase II (IV to VI Semesters)
Phase III (VII to X Semesters)
Eligibility for Indian Students:
CBSE/ICSE/State Board Students: Aggregate 60% marks at class 12 in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and/or English.
We are currently recruiting for Feb 2018 session in Mauritius.
MBBS in Nepal
NEET qualified students can take direct admission in 2017 session. Very limited seats available.
MBBS in Nepal is an excellent opportunity for the Indian students. Nepal MBBS is completely based on the MCI syllabus and the infrastructure of the colleges also meets the requirements of the Medical Council of India.
Medical studies in Nepal is similar to Indian syllabus and strictly follow MCI syllabus and Indian Medical books. The duration of the course for pursuing medical in Nepal is same as in India. There are professors and lecturers in Nepal who are from India. Since a long time Indians are studying Medicine in Nepal, especially students from the northern part of India.
Currently, Nepal has 21 medical schools and annual intake capacity of around 2,000 MBBS students.
GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGES IN NEPAL :
- Institute of Medicine,Tribhuvan University-Kathmandu.
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences-Dharan.
- Kathmandu University Medical School Kathmandu ( KUSMS ).
PRIVATE COLLEGES FOR MBBS IN NEPAL:
AFFILIATED TO KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY :
- Kathmandu Medical college-Kathmandu.
- Nepalgunj Medical College-Nepalgunj.
- Nepal Medical College-Kathmandu.
- Manipal college of Medical Science-Pokhra.
- College of Medical Sciences-Chitwan.
- Nobel Medical College-Biratnagar.
- Lumbini Medical college.
- Birat Medical College , Biratnagar
- Devdaha Medical College, Rupandehi Admission open
AFFILIATED TO TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY:
- Universal college of Medical sciences-Bhairhawa.
- National Medical college-Birganj. Admission open
- Janaki Medical college-janakpur.
- Gandaki Medical college- Pokhra .
- KIST Medical College-Kathmandu.
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences-Lalitpur.
- Chitwan Medical College, Chitwan .
Nepal MBBS fees structure varies from 45 Lac to 60 Lac depending upon college to college.
ADMISSIONS FOR MBBS IN NEPAL
- Students are required to take KUMET examination. Its an eligibility exam and if student fails to qualify that exam, admission will be cancelled as per the University norms.
- Last date to apply for admission in Nepal is 11 September 2016. Eligibility examination will be held on 24 September 2016.
- Contact Now! Limited seats available
- Direct admission Nepal MBBS has started for 2016-17 session ,
- Contact-for Management/Indian/Foreign Quota in Medical Colleges in NEPAL. No Entrance – No Donation required for MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students.